Marketing. Everyone wants to do marketing. There are so many varieties of marketing though. How do you know which marketing is best for you? My recommendation is to use digital marketing to propel your small business to new heights.
What Is Digital Marketing
My sources for the definition of digital marketing are twofold. First, we will start with Wikipedia. Here is what they say. Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.
***Disclosure: This post and our website contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make purchases using them. Please see our affiliate disclosure.***
My second source is from DigitalMarketer. I have been with DigitalMarketer for several years now. I really trust them and their information. So, here we go with their definition. “Digital marketing is the act of promoting and selling products and services by leveraging online marketing tactics such as social media marketing, search marketing, and email marketing.”
Even though that sounds so formal, they do make it simpler. They temper their definition by saying, “digital marketing is just marketing.” For a virtual assistant or small business owner, however, that may not be much help. I mean, after all, what is marketing?
How to Use Digital Marketing
Whether or not you use content marketing or jump over to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, Paid Search, Display Advertising, or a host of other types of digital marketing, the fact that you use digital marketing is admirable. First and foremost, you are using something that is going to enhance your brand.
The realm of how you can use digital marketing is endless. It is only limited by your own creativity with new platforms, ideas, and new types of online and offline marketing popping up daily.
We can’t tell you where to start, but let me give you some reasons why you should consider digital marketing to be a viable option.
- You can afford it.
- It’s targeted. To clarify, that means you have the ability to know who is online. Then show them what you want them to see. Next, through analytics, provide what they want to see.
- Digital Marketing contains lots of data. You can see who is accessing your marketing efforts with a host of analytical resources.
- You are where your customers are. As an example, your customers are online, and, surprise, surprise, you are too. They have a way to interact with you.
- Who are you? Your customers will become aware of who you are and why you are a good fit to fulfill their needs.
- What are your competitors doing? Digital marketing opens up competitor strategies. Use them to your advantage
Do You Have Questions
Meanwhile, our goal when we present information to you is that it will be interesting, informative, and useful. How did we do? Contact us now and let us know.
Pam Lokker is a master writer and a virtual assistant professional who enjoys content writing. Borlok Virtual Assistants, LLC (Borlok VA) has been the place to get global expert VA services with quality and on-time delivery for many years. At this time, we are now focusing on writing blog posts, press releases, articles, and web content, as well as proofreading and editing.
Other articles you may be interested in pertaining to marketing: