Back when I first started out as a virtual assistant, having a good press release strategy was very popular. Then the demand seemed to die down. Press release distribution demand is now rebounding. Your press release strategy is now once again a viable option. So, let’s investigate how you can spread the word about your brand.
What Is Press Release Distribution
Press release distribution is a way to send your information out to different locations or post your release on a single website. This provides a way for journalists to search for and find releases related to certain businesses, organizations, and even industries.
Given this explanation, there are basically two ways to submit a press release. First, you can use press release services to provide journalists information that sends your news out to various locations like newspapers, magazines, and the like.
Secondly, you can post your news to press release distribution websites. The cost on each will depend on pricing based on the various websites. Or you can use free online press release distribution sites. Regardless of the method you utilize to submit your press releases, the services used are collectively known as newswire services.
The number one way that press releases make their way to the public is via newswire services.
Why Are Press Release Services Important
According to ClickDimensions, press releases are still relevant. Back a few years, it was rumored that social media was going to kill news releases. We do not see it yet. Press release services are still relevant and important for the following reasons.
Your brand is important. You have worked hard to develop it. Now it is time for you to share important news about your brand.
- Distributing a press release gives your business an opportunity to interact with a number of different consumers.
- Building a well-written and captivating news release builds Search Engine Optimization (SEO) traffic. Gives search engines a roadmap to find, match, index, and rank your PR.
- Consumers can now find your newsworthy items without having to rely on just the journalists. Customer engagement increases because they see your content through social media and online news distributors.
- A release does not have to stand alone. Press releases are fact-based and include data and are a prime resource for repurposing content into blogs, whitepapers, infographics, and more.
- Raise the level of public relations activity. Why? This is your opportunity to get more publicity in the form of radio, television interviews, quotes in newspaper articles, and other PR activities.
What Are Good Topics For a News Announcement
Good topics for press release distribution have not changed much from when I brought up the subject years ago. They still apply. But there are new ones that will increase your visibility. To begin with, let’s take a look at some of the frequent subjects.
Besides the old standbys of excellent newsworthy topics as listed below, there are some new ones that have gained popularity, especially during the pandemic.
- New products, services or technologies
- New research developments
- Attendance at upcoming events like trade shows, conferences, conventions, etc.
- New offers your company is about to engage in
- Awards, certifications, and other recognitions
- New partnerships
- Location changes or grand openings
In addition, some new topics that have come into being are:
- Newsjacking – involves inserting your company into a story about a current event or trend.
- Announcement of survey results – Your company may have done a study that is relevant to your industry.
- Hiring and promotions of staff
What to Include In the PR
To get the best results, it is important to include the following items.
- Contact information (name, email address and phone number)
- Press release headline – The press release headline should encapsulate your main message. It appears at the top, in bold.
- Date and location
- An enticing lead in (first sentence)
- Body copy containing the announcement details – the who, what, when, where
- Executive quotes – Most good press releases have at least one executive quote.
- Your website address
- Boilerplate “About section”
- End notation – ###
So, who is the author? Pam Lokker is a master writer and a virtual assistant professional who enjoys content writing. Borlok Virtual Assistants, LLC (Borlok VA) has been the place to get global expert VA services with quality and on-time delivery for many years. We are now focusing on writing blog posts, press releases, articles, and web content, as well as proofreading and editing. Contact Us for your next press release distribution!
I have a love of writing and really like to help B2B clients with their writing content, whether it be website content, blog posts, press releases, or articles. I have an eye for picking out errors in existing content including editing and proofreading your content.