Search engine results can provide hit or miss results, especially if you don’t have a plan of attack when looking something up on the Internet.
Use Question Words to Improve Your Search Engine Results
According to Wikipedia, here is what we are looking at as a definition of question words:
“An interrogative word or question word is a function word used to ask a question, such as what, when, where, who, whom, why, and how. They are sometimes called wh-words, because in English most of them start with wh-(compare Five Ws). They may be used in both direct questions (Where is he going?) and in indirect questions (I wonder where he is going).”
Improve Internet Search Engine Results
Question Word Examples
Let’s look at some examples of question queries that I have used myself in order to improve and narrow my internet search results. First example is the question word how.
- How many internal links are too many in a blog post?
- How do I use my affiliate link in Facebook?
- How do I clear my cache in my browser?
- How do I clear my history in my browser?
- How to Update Your WordPress Theme
Okay, so what do you think our next question words are? Let’s look at the word what.
- What are 4 Types of Strong Relationships?
- What Can You Do to Achieve Business Success?
- What Are Five Key Things a Company Should Look For When Hiring a Freelancer Writer?
- What is Bluetooth?
- What Can You Do to Achieve Business Success
Get Better Results
As time goes on, you will get better at refining your web search results. I remember when I first started using the internet to search out the answers to my numerous questions, I wasn’t very good at it. Let’s sum this up. Practice makes perfect.
Some of you may have seen in one of my other articles how I first started out with doing transcription. The speaker was talking about what I thought was a paperclip. My client was quite upset with me and gave me a chewing that I will never forget. You see, he had been talking about pay-per-click. I was mortified! Now I realize that I need to get constantly get better at internet search results.
So, let’s take a look at the next question word, where, we can use to get better internet search results.
- Where can I learn SEO?
- Where is the best skiing in the U.S.?
- Where is the Grand Canyon?
But wait, let’s look at our next question word. The next one on the list, is why.
- Why would you use bit.ly links?
- Why search Google for current content?
- Why is it essential for companies to keep evolving?
- Why update your WordPress Theme?
We’re not going to cover all of the question words; however, I did touch on how you can use who as a way to improve your search engine results. Check out the examples below.
- Who is the richest person in the world?
- Who makes the best WordPress themes?
- Who can teach you how to drive?
The above examples are just a small sampling of what you can type into your favorite search engine to get better internet search results. The sky is the limit when getting good search engine results. You can use more than just the question words. You can also use words like Can, Do, Should, Would. As you do more searches, don’t be bashful – experiment and find something that works for you.
As you think about what has been written here, what techniques have you found that already work for you? We would love to get your input.
So who is the author? Pam Lokker is a master writer and a virtual assistant professional who enjoys writing. While we are not currently taking on new clients, Borlok Virtual Assistants, LLC has been the place to get global expert VA services with quality and on-time delivery for many years.